Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Dreaming



This summer I am teaching in Traverse City Michigan and Penn Yan New York. Typically I am not asked to teach much in the summer due to vacations, kids being out of school, and the challenge those things present in booking a workshop. This summer may prove to be different, so I'm dreaming about eating cherries in Traverse City and drinking vino in the wineries of Penn Yan.

is18-1322493655-31054.jpeg
List of Art Galleries in Traverse City

I have never been to Michigan. I'm glad they asked me to come in August because I think any other time of the year it would be too cold for this Florida girl. Something I recently learned about Traverse City is that Good Morning America named its Sleeping Bear Dunes the Most Beautiful Place in America! Wow.

is49-1322493692-93049.jpeg
List of beaches in Traverse City's top ranked beach towns

Traverse City is at the head of Grand Traverse Bay. Known for 180 miles of sandy Lake Michigan shoreline, it offers an abundance of inland lakes, beaches, bays and dunes. Traverse City is also home to award-winning wineries and championship gold courses (bring your husbands!). Believe it or not, AOL Travel News named Traverse City one of America's Top 10 Beach Towns and TripAdvisor.com called it one of America's Top 10 Charming Small Towns.

Check out the Traverse City Website for more info
My workshop at the ArtsCenter Traverse City can be found here

Links, photos, and info courtesy Traverse City Convention and Visitors Bureau


8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're coming up to Traverse City! I think you'll love it as much as we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks totally amazing there! I can't wait to teach at the ARtsCenter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TC...I live in Grand Haven Michigan...also beautiful beaches.

    Enjoy your time in this beautiful state!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susan! The art center folks are incredibly kind, I can't wait to meet them! And explore MI bike trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TC is great! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When, When?? Traverse City is one of my favorite places. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lin,here is the link for this year, August 8-11: http://prod1.agileticketing.net/websales/pages/TicketSearchCriteria.aspx?epguid=65e01ef1-c4e9-480d-be6d-55969f11f069&evtinfo=53772~e93fb509-45e2-4264-9f81-e4286a511ef4&

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://prod1.agileticketing.net/websales/pages/TicketSearchCriteria.aspx?epguid=65e01ef1-c4e9-480d-be6d-55969f11f069&evtinfo=53772~e93fb509-45e2-4264-9f81-e4286a511ef4&

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)