Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cows at COMMA


Here is my PR piece for the show titled, "Out To Pasture" which is the bovine version of "Out To Lunch!" This piece is 20x26, collage of hand-made and found papers. Within the cow are some hidden nursery rhyme book pages (How Art Thou, My Brown Cow?), as well as a big textured piece of paper for the nose made by local Altamonte Springs artist Judith Segall. If you look closely you will notice that the tree line in the backdrop is created from the side panels of Starbucks bags (gotta love free art supplies)! I had fun with this piece and I think it shows, right down to the bit of grass hanging out of the corner of the cow's mouth. "Cows" exhibition is at Comma Gallery, 813 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 407-894-4505, www.commagallery.com The artists reception is July 8 from 6:30-9pm and the show runs through September 5. Come out to see my second cow paper painting titled "bloooooooo", and celebrate the artistry of the bovine!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I found your blog via Katherine Tyrell's "Making a Mark". I am a watercolor artist who dabbles in collage, and I love to look at collages. Your cow is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you michelle for taking the time to leave me this nice comment! I appreciate your kind words. I never dabble in water color, so unpredictable!! I admire you for your medium. I love collage because if you think fast, you can remove your last "brush stroke" as long as you get to it before the glue dries!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)