Friday, September 26, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil


Staying up All Night, Painting Roosters
Isn't there an oxymoron in there somewhere? Last night I worked from 9pm until 3am this morning on these two pieces. When I say "worked" I mean I worked the collage process. They were already sketched up and under-painted by the time I got out to the studio and started the collage process. I work in stages this way, and with this rooster series I sketched them all first, then painted them all, so I have a supply of "ready to go" boards in my studio. Right about now I could use a coffee, Cock-A-Doodle-Doo!

2 comments:

  1. lots of patience, and precise ripping! THANKS these photos don't do it a lot of justice either. My phone takes great photos at a certain distance, but NOT close up I have found.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)