Monday, August 24, 2009

New Small Bird Collage


Demo from LoPressionism Gallery is Complete
Peeps and Tweets | 12x12 | collage of hand-painted papers on panel

Two weeks ago I did a demonstration of my collage technique in conjunction with my exhibit at LoPressionism gallery in Melbourne, FL. This piece is created from hand-painted collage papers on panel with an underpainting in fluid acrylics over a pencil sketch. I have been experimenting as of late with letting some of the latter show through. I feel like this shows the process and the presence of the artist.

Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I like the way the paint shows through, it's very subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this very much..I love the paint and paper mix.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece I believe is going to be at Celebrations Gallery in CT, yes!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)