Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Resting up to Race

Gouldian Finch, in progress ©St. Hilaire Nelson
The day before the race, I tried to relax and not exert myself in the FL heat! I walked the dogs a few times in the morning, but in the afternoon I settled in to the small table top in our RV and worked on a bird for my Carnival of the Animals series.

I packed my portable art bag, the very same one I took to the dance competition. I also packed a 12x12 bird, which was pre sketched and painted on an American Easel Wood Painting Panel, which I primed with clear gesso so that I could leave the wood grain showing.

2 comments:

  1. Looking to see if it's finished yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is finished! I have to get a photo, and still a little unsure about the background, I think I like it but I need to look at it again. and varnish it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)