Sunday, December 19, 2010

2010 Reflections - Visiting Cherie


I guess one can always find good in tragedy. I am happy to have been able to help Cherie's family in their time of need with the creation of the fund raising book Art with Heart which gives $12 to her family for each purchase. Most of all I am happy to have had the means and support from my fantastic husband (and kids!) to visit her every week in Fort Pearce when she was at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and now to have been able to fly from Orlando to Atlanta to visit her here at Shepherd Center Spinal Cord Rehabilitation.

Cherie remains very positive, she is smiling and focused on her recovery. She tells me that she refuses to allow negativity into her heart. She is not bitter or mad, she is just staying focused on the positive,

Since being here we have shared long talks over tea, we looked at photos from our trip to Spain in high school, we looked over our 1982 Science Class final exam The Sludge Test, and we have taken a lot of trips down memory lane.

I am so lucky to have a friend that has been in my life for so long.

3 comments:

  1. I too, have been touched by a similar story. I have spent many weeks at Shepherd's visiting. You are a wonderful friend. And what a beautiful way to show your support and love. I'll keep Cherie, her family and you in my thoughts and prayers. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book came today and it's beautiful!!! What a wonderful gift to Cherie and her family. You are a real friend, through thick or thin (sick or sin)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you, Cherie and your families are being kept in my prayers. Peace, strength and blessings to you all. NL

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)