Finn's Quick Ten of Custom Art Framing Tips
- Stay Consistent with Sizing. This will help in so many ways (pricing, ordering, storing, transporting, hanging, etc.)
- Search Hard for One, Two, or Three Different Styles of Framing to use. Choose wisely grasshopper.
- Disorganized Framing can Lead to a Chaotic Presentation. A consistent look in the frame molding keeps the focus on the art and gives a uniform look to the presentation.
- Find a Frame that Can Absorb a Ding. It happens.
- When Matting, Use Acid-Free Mats Only. They cost a buck or two extra. Maybe your foamcore isn't acid-free and your glass/plexiglass isn't UV, I may let you slide on that. But, your mats I'm gonna point that out every time.
- Consider Having your Canvases Professionally Stretched. We carry 2-inch deep stretcher that offers the art gallery wrap, no framing necessary.
- Recycling a Frame Can be Done Effectively.
- Quality Framing Does Help Present and Sell the Art.
- Consider Consulting a Professional Before Attempting any Stunts.
- No Frame is Better than a Bad Frame!
Art Services, Ink.