Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Collage Bangles


Collage in Another Dimension
This week I was looking for something I could do sitting at the kitchen table, I decided to mix it up a little bit and work on a project that I came up with while flipping through my favorite magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors. In the advertiser section, I saw an offer for unfinished wood bangles from DiyBangles.

Remember when I collaged the 3-D mannequin and said I'd never collage anything that wasn't a flat board again? Well, these bracelets were nowhere near as difficult as going around each and every one of that guy's fingers and toes...

Let me know what you think of my bracelets! They are varnished with two coats of UV inside and out, they are signed on the inside and created with all the same papers I use for collage. In fact, one might consider these another "scrap bag project" since I limited myself to the scraps from my large work to create them.

I have created on with Australian stamps, one with hand-painted sheet music, one with maps and one with tidbits from larger collages (including hand-painted and hand-made papers).

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I always anxiously await your next post to see what your latest creation will be! I was totally surprised when I saw the bangles-- REALLY cute idea! I especially like the music notes one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, thanks so much!! I was totally inspired by the unfinished wood bracelets I saw offered in the magazine. I thought they would make good gifts and could be very personal if you did them the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bracelets...especially the stamps. They'd be great conversation starters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and a good seller, I bet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea. I recently found a stamp collectors album, with lots of stamps - it was a project i used to do with my father when I was a child. I think making a bracelet with some of them would be a great idea and give me something to wear and remeber him...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many positive compliments on this one. I might like to feature them for sale, stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy, that is a wonderful memory of your dad, stamps are a lot of fun, I have been using them more and more in my collage work. I have been scouring eBay for unique and unusual ones and I use them according to color more than anything!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)