Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Carry A Conversation™


My Art is Being Made into Handbags
Yesterday Ali Marchildon, one of the co founders of flashbags, gave me the thumbs up that my art is ready to purchase as handbags on the flashbags homepage I can't tell you how excited I am about this wonderful opportunity to work with such great people on such a unique and original product! These funky handbags are made in Burlington VT, their lively start-up story is featured in the current summer issue of Vermont Life Magazine. Get the whole scoop!

What is a Flashbag?
A flashbag is a handmade purse or accessory such as a wallet, checkbook holder or wine tote. Instead of leather or canvas, the bag is made of laminated color prints that are wrapped around several sheets of newsprint that provide support. The materials are sewn together and covered with decorative stitching. To make a shoulder bag, clear plastic tubing is added as straps.

A photo of my sample flashbag is in the previous post. See more samples of my art as flashbags or better yet, BUY MY FLASHBAGS at my flashbags gallery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)