Monday, March 28, 2011

35th Annual Maitland Rotary Arts Festival

Art Under The Stars

The Maitland Rotary Arts Festival is the only one in Central FL that starts out on a Friday NIGHT. The atmosphere at night is really fantastic with the booths all illuminated around lake Lily. I am proud to say that I have been chosen as the 2011 poster artist for the festival! September 30th - October 2nd


My art will be on the poster and I will also have a booth at the festival where I plan to be working live and signing posters. I have never done an art festival before, so I am looking forward to it with a little nervousness. Anyone that has any tips to offer, I'd appreciate. I will have to get my husband to help me set up the booth.

Many thanks to Jeff and June Flowers of Performing Arts of Maitland who encouraged me to consider the opportunity. I play the violin with the Maitland Symphony Orchestra and guess what? We will be performing under the stars at the Festival on Friday night!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I love to burn the candle at both ends... but violin playing and having an art booth at the same show takes the cake!

Anyone want to man my booth for me?

2 comments:

  1. Well you know if I can I will man, NO, WOman your booth that Friday evening!

    Congratulations all around .. you hit this one so far out of the ballpark you can casually walk home for a winner takes all!

    So this past Friday was a warm-up .. working outdoors while the crowd mingled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ME! Yes, this past Friday was a warm up. This coming Saturday is Dinner With The Artist where I just get to eat and talk (two of my very favorite things to do) and not paint. We have Chefs preparing our meal and wine selections. I hope that I have someone sitting at my table with me!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)