Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Longer You Linger



It's in the deTAILS

In my collages I often try to incorporate related materials to the subject. The closer you look at the details, the more interesting papers you may discover in the layers.

This collage painting is called Cock-A-Doodle it is 20x20 and was recently shown at the Fifth Avenue Art Gallery in Melbourne, FL

When you look closely at the rooster's tail, you may notice that I have incorporated some neat tidbits from an old Best Loved Nursery Rhymes book from my childhood. You may find a color illustration of a rooster, a boy holding a basket of eggs, chicken feet, a country weathervane and eggs sitting in straw. This piece has a companion entitled Sitting Pretty, in which I incorporated some text from Hickedy Pickedy My Fine Hen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)