Monday, January 31, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

This past weekend I received this Stylish Blogger Award from long-time blogger friend Rhonda Carpenter. Rhonda received her award from Peggy Stermer-Cox who told her that it came without strings and that she did not have to do anything but accept it, Rhonda chose to share it with me.

Rhonda wanted to share with her readers about Cherie, she told Cherie's story and about my quest for cards. Rhonda also talked about Art With Heart, my fundraising book for Cherie, and the website my husband and I put together for her family to take donations.

I'd love to ask you again to consider sending Cherie a card for her 43rd birthday which is February 2nd, Groundhog day. On this day, throughout our childhood, I called her "Hoggatha" all day. You may address your card to her this way, and she'll know I sent you!

Cherie Stannard
c/o Sue Merrick
515 11th Court
Vero Beach, FL 32962

Rhonda's card and small paining are in the mail, on their way to Vero Beach, FL where Cherie will be cared for permanently by her sister Sue and her brother Rich and their spouses. This car accident has altered all of their lives forever.

Thank you Rhonda for helping me to spread the word to YOUR readers too. We can all make a difference in our own way by opening our hearts and sharing our talent. Rhonda said it perfectly "Give love away and it will return to you ten-fold!

Rhonda, I did run my first half marathon after the age of 40! I'm currently training for an Olympic distance triathlon which will take place three days before my 43rd birthday. When I am tapped out and I think I don't have anymore gas in my tank, I think of Cherie, and I push harder, farther, than I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)