Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Work








A Few Last Birds
top: Winter Tufted Titmouse, 9x12 | middle: European Robin, 12 x 9 | bottom: Florida Scrub Jay 12x9

I am going to be taking a break from birds. I've decided to do some small fruit pieces next, 8x8. And then on to 20x24 for more detailed work. I feel like I have done all the birds I can handle for a while, time to mix it up.

Here are the last couple of birds for a while, these were produced late last night and into the wee hours of this morning.

4 comments:

  1. These are such delightful works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little birds and will miss seeing more but one does have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a break from birds!!!! aaagh!!! i love your birds. but im sure i'll also love whatever else you do. these birds look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, I just am birded out. On the little birds anyway. I am working on some 20x24 exotic pheasants at the moment, very similar to peacocks.... stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)